Mise-en-scène refers to different technical elements used in making a film, some of which you have already analyzed in this course. The term also encompasses the role of actors in a film, their costuming and makeup, their physical positioning and movements within the frame, as well as the different styles of acting performance.
Consider the ways in which the casting of specific actors, their makeup and costumes, their placement in chosen scenes, and how they interact with their environment on set are used to establish and develop the characters within the story.
Write (due Thursday, Day 3)
In your initial post of at least 200 words, and using specific examples from your chosen film,
- Identify three actors from your film and their style of acting in this film.
- Compare their performance in this film in relation to other performances.
- Analyze how the actors’ choices impact the development of each character.
- Describe how costuming and makeup contribute to the actor’s performance. Is it realistic, stylized, or fantastical?
- Focus on one of the actors you have discussed. Based on other films the actor has been in, would you consider this actor typecast or broad-ranging in his/her performances? If so, what does this say about the genre of film or the actor? If not, what can you infer about the flexibility of these categories? Provide evidence (references from other films, including film clips and stills) to support your argument.
You must use at least two outside sources, in any combination of embedded video clips, still photos, or scholarly sources. All sources should be documented in APA style as outlined by the Ashford Writing Center (Links to an external site.). Please view the video Posting in a Discussion in Canvas (Links to an external site.) for guidance on how to integrate multimedia with your response.
The book used for this class is: Goodykoontz, B., Jacobs, C. P., Meetze, J., & Pritts, N. (2019). Film: From watching to seeing (3rd ed.). Retrieved from https://content.ashford.edu
- Chapter 4: Mise-en-scène and Actors
- Chapter 7: Sound and Film
THIS IS JUST A SIMPLE DISCUSSION NOT AN ESSAY JUST HAS TO BE 200 WORDS